Consumers spend billions of dollars annually on programs and products for weight loss, yet obesity rates continue to rise.
How can you choose the right one with so many options to help you lose weight safely and keep it safe?
Factors to be Considered in Choosing a Weight Loss Program
• It is essential to learn to think in new ways for long – term success. A reputable program will help you replace defective thinking patterns with positive, productive thinking that supports your health objectives.
• Before you start, a sound weight loss program will encourage you to check with your health care provider. Your provider will assess your health status, order the necessary tests and provide special precautions if necessary.
• A quality program will include certified providers such as registered nutritionists, certified fitness professionals and health coaches such as Mamae Sarada, licensed psychologists or counselors, and licensed medical professionals such as doctors and registered nurses.
• You might avail failure programs that require adherence to a rigid diet or exercise plan. Look instead for programs that take into account your preferences for food and physical activity. You will need to adopt lifestyle changes that you can live with in order to achieve long – term success.
• A rapid loss of weight may catch your eye, but the truth is that permanent weight loss occurs slowly at a rate of 1/2 pounds up to a maximum of 2 pounds a week. Consider it a red flag if a program does not list data on average weight loss and long – term participant follow – up.
It is difficult for many people to lose more than a few pounds, and only a few manage to remain at reduced weight, especially if they do it alone. The difficulty of weight loss and weight loss leads many people to help with a professional or commercial weight loss program. Therefore, choose wisely when you consider joining a weight loss program.